A world in which tigers and other wild species are safe from harm and humans are encouraged to live in climate-harmony with natural ecosystems.
To help protect India’s biodiversity and threatened wildernesses by supporting and motivating forest departments, non-government organisations and individuals. To highlight the value of ecosystem services and to educate the public on the relationship between biodiversity and climate change.
The primary objective of WCT is to preserve, protect and conserve wildlife and natural ecosystems, terrestrial and aquatic. WCT intends to achieve this by:
- Supporting catalysing climate change mitigation and adaptation process through the restoration of degraded and fragmented ecosystems.
- Creating awareness amongst masses regarding the relationship between forests, biodiversity, water, climate change and human beings.
- Providing support for government and/or private institutions to strengthen conservation action for species and habitats.
- Providing for social welfare including medical and educational/vocational support to communities residing around protected areas.
- Providing financial support to scientific institutions and non-governmental organisations working towards conservation of nature and wildlife and also towards the mitigation of climate change.
- Highlighting the connection between ecosystem services, and the quality of human life for the benefit of policy makers in government and the corporate sector and the general public.