Is it very complicated to donate online?
Donating online is simple and safe. Please follow the steps below to make a donation online on the WCT site:
- Fill in the donation form accurately. The more details you give us, the greater accuracy there is in contacting you for donations receipts and tax certificates.
- Specify the mode of payment.
- Your selection will be displayed for review - address, citizenship status and whatever you have entered at the time of registration (or changed subsequently). Please check the information carefully and make sure that it is correct. If not, change them as desired.
- Once you confirm that the details are correct, you will be taken to the HDFC Bank payment gateway. Fill in your credit/debit card details. You will get an immediate confirmation of your donation. Please ensure that you store a copy of the transaction for your records.
Do I need any special hardware or software to donate online?
No. But if this is the first time that you are doing any online transaction involving use of a credit card, you need to ensure that the transaction is secure.
How will I know this?
In Microsoft Internet Explorer, select "Help" from the menu options. Select "About Internet Explorer" to find the cipher strength (encryption level) of your browser. If the cipher strength (encryption level) support is less than 128-bit, you may want to upgrade your browser.
Is it safe to give my credit/debit card details online?
Sure it is. We adopt stringent security measures to ensure that critically sensitive information, such as your personal information and your credit/debit card details, are protected. These measures include the following:
- All your personal information is encrypted before it is transmitted over the Internet. This guarantees that your information is inaccessible to any third party.
- We use industry-standard SSL (Standard Sockets Layer) Encryption Technology for data encryption.
- We have been certified as a Comodo Secure site. Comodo is a leading US-based Net Authentication Agency which certifies that a site's transactions are secured by SSL encryption.
How can I donate online?
You can contribute by using your credit/debit card online. Visa, Master and Diners cards are accepted. However, we do not accept American Express credit cards on the WCT site.
How safe is my personal information with WCT on the WCT site?
What if my address or phone number changes?
I am a Non-Resident Indian. Why is my donation not accepted?
This is because contribution from non-Resident Indians goes into a separate account as per the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, (FCRA), 2010.
Do you accept donations in any other currency apart from Indian Rupees?
We accept donations only in Indian Rupees.
Do you accept donations in cash?
We do not accept donations in cash.
Are there any tax benefits for donating to WCT?
All donations to WCT are 50 % exempt from tax as per section 80G.
Will you send me a tax exemption certificate?
Donation receipts will be sent by email to all donors. Receipts for donations will be sent by post only for donations of Rs. 2000/- and above to the address provided at the time of making the donation. For donations less than Rs. 2000/-, a donation receipt can be collected from our office between Monday to Fridays; 11 AM to 5 PM, excluding bank holidays.
Please ensure that you type your name, address, telephone numbers and email address correctly as the information provided will be used to make receipts, and no correction will be possible at a later date.
Note: WCT does not accept cash donations.