Hemendra Kothari Foundation
Hemendra Kothari Foundation (HKF) is a registered public charitable trust founded by Shri. Hemendra Kothari (Founder & Chairman of DSP BlackRock Limited; Founder & ex-chairman of DSP Merrill Lynch Ltd). The main objects of the Foundation include various activities pivoting around Education, Health and Wildlife Conservation. This non-religious and non-political Foundation is registered under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act and commenced its operations in 2008. HKF is positioned to play a catalyst’s role by assisting/funding those organizations/institutions delivering efficacious results in the area of its interest.
HKF’s current projects include:
- revitalizing a ‘sanatorium’ (over 8 acres located at Nashik) and boarding school for less privileged (located at the heart of Mumbai);
- Empowering education including quality-teaching-currently enriching a large ‘educational institution’ at Nashik (over 24,000 students studying at present). HKF’s intervention include teachers training, students training, vocational training, health-camps, knowledge/resource mapping though linkup with leading educational institutions
- organizing health camps in and around the villages of National Parks (completed over 319 camps in 1000 villages) - to achieve health awareness, preventive care, referral link-ups for specific treatment
- imparting vocational/ Life skills training to village youth
- database creation of schools located around National Parks to enable strengthening of both quality and basic-infrastructure thereof
- initiatives to preserve and promote art, culture and heritage - actively involved in various programs and facilities of Museum
- assisting/funding various initiatives of well run NGOs in India covering health & education (benefiting various segments such as mentally/physically challenged children; vocational training; hostels; cancer institute; drinking water; senior citizens; cataract lenses; clean city measures; world-class coaching for Indian athletes; investor education).